Sunday 30 May 2010

New Ribbon = New Ideas!





I bought some new ribbon from ebay, one has Owls printed on, and the other has Russian Dolls printed on. I am very pleased with both, and the fact that the seller also enclosed an owl button and a Russian Doll button as a gift!! This new ribbon inspired me to try and make a felt Russian Doll. I started off by making a broach, which I wore the next day and received positive comments from friends. Then the next day I saw this bag, and felt the print looked a bit russian, so I made another Doll to decorate it. I'm really pleased with how it looks, and think my stitches are neater.
I then made a Keyring using the ribbon I had purchased, I tried basing the colours of the doll on the ribbon!
Need to plan what to try with my owl ribbon......

No comments:

Post a Comment