Tuesday 21 September 2010

Holiday? What Holiday?






Well I am back from Budapest, but have had no chance to write about it, as I have gine straight back to work, and it's been so busy. Stocktake, section relays, I had to work Sunday, then this saturday I'm working till midnight! Sigh.....
Anyway, Budapest = Beautiful! The architecture is amazing, and I love how they use buildings that are available for shops etc, I hardly saw any new builds!
My top 3 favourite parts of the holiday -
1) Fishermans Bastion - Described as 'Disneyesque' which is probably why I like it, lol! The views from there were amazing, and it was just relaxing, even though there was alot of tourists.
2)Church in the rock - A church built using the natural structure of caves! Absolutely fascinating, and very peaceful.
3) Hungarian market - An indoor Market (situated in a beautiful building) that had stalls of Sausage, Chicken liver pate (Hungarian Delicacy), Unicum (Hungarian Liquer),Paprika, Lace, and Wooden Folk Dolls, which I love! There were also food stalls, I had a lovely Goulash soup there!!
All in all I can reccomend Budapest, clean, friendly, and value for money!! Especially for food and drink!!
I can't say I found Hungrian Kawaii, but the painted wood, was beautiful, and I bought lots of souvenirs, wooden dolls, painted ring etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment