Wednesday 19 January 2011

One afternoon and evening in London






Courtesy of work I have just returned from a very brief trip to London. I had to down for a meeting on Tuesday, but because of the early start I had to travel down the day before. So on Monday, after a very long train journey, which spent half an hour sat outside of London! Eventually I got into London, and made my way to the tube. The nearest to my hotel was Paddington, and then I had the epithany! Paddington station is where the Paddington statue is!! It is on my statue list! I have wanted to see it since I was little, finally I had the opportunity. So I rushed to my hotel, checked in as quick as I could and hit the streets again. I made my way back to Paddington station and began my search for the statue, which I found surprisingly hard to find. Eventually I went and asked a member of staff who informed me Paddington had gone to lunch! I played along and found that I was literally metres away! Doh! I did a bit of squealing and tried balancing taking my own photo with my phone, until a kind M&S staff member took pity on me and took the photo for me. Us Marks and Sparksians sense when each other are in distress, lol!
I then made my way to Harrods, hoping that the sale my still be on, and to my luck it was. I began my mooch into the gift section, and what was the first thing to hit me? The new Hello Kitty at Harrods range, squeal! So cute! Unfortunately I was only able to afford a pen! Oh well! I did manage to get some bargains, some cute bear stockings for 95p! Bargains at Harrods! I finally got a Harrods shopping bag as well, a bargainous £6.45. I left there feeling very happy indeed! I then headed Piccadily Circus for some souveneir shopping (I can never resist) and for some other shops I like to check out in the area. In a mall I found some shops, with lots of Kawaii items, I could have spent a fortune, but I stuck to my resolutions! I fell in love with this cute pig mug that had a Hard hat lid! I wish now I had bought it, but hey ho, I feel it's the right mug for a Fire, Health and Safety officer! Damn, wish I had got it....
I also found a little shop that was dedicated completely to Kawaii pandas! They had multiple plushies, I love the laying down one, he looks so fed up!
I then went into a new souveneir shop, which was huuuuuuuuuuuuuge! called Cool Brittania. It was so funny, everything possible had the Union Jack on it, they even had a Mini with a Union Jack roof parked in the middle of the shop! There was so much tacky stuff, it was amazing, and I loved how they kept describing everything as cool over the tannoy! Do I decided to go down and try out the 'Cool' cafe, and it did not let me down. I sat on a Union Jack chair, and a Union Jack flag table, served with tea (In a Union Jack Mug) and cake, all on a Union Jack Tray, and the waitress put my serviettes between the Union Jack salt and pepper pots! I must say I thought it was over the top awesome! I then headed to China Town where I found Giant boxes of Pocky! I'm seriously hoping that the Pocky inside was as big! After admiring more cute stuff than seemed possible, I headed to Hyde Park Corner to meet up with my friend Mather, and we went for dinner at Hard Rock Cafe! Now I have been to many Hard Rocks but not this one, which is the original, so it was very cool. We had a lovely evening and ate way to much! We ended up sharing a shot glass sized pudding and it nearly killed us! We then went to the shop, where we ended up being taken down to the museum, which was pretty cool. There I was allowed to touch Slash's guitar, purely to make Dave jealous!
After we went for a walk, then I took Mather to the Cool Brittania shop, he agreed it was wonderfully tacky!
As it was late I then headed back to my hotel, where the rain decided to soak me, as soon as I was away from the lovely Mather and his eually lovely umbrella!
Next day I went to my meeting which was interesting, but I won't bore you with. On the way back to Euston I stopped at Topshop as I wanted to check out the artbox stuff, but sadly I could not find it anywhere, I guess there not stocking it anymore. shame. I did manage to pick up this cute Momiji rabbit in the sale, which I think i'm going to send my friend Vince as a gift for chinese new year!
After all this excitement I then had a long quiet journey home!

No comments:

Post a Comment