Sunday 6 February 2011

I wish shipping from America wasn't so exspensive!







2 years ago, when Dave and I were in New York we went to the toystore called F.A.O SCHWARZ, which was made famous as the home of the giant keyboard that Tom Hanks played in the film BIG! It was an amazing place, with huge Lego statues, and a Hogwarts section, an amazing sweetshop, so many things! But one area that Dave and I both liked (a rarity) was the Ugly Doll section! Dave must have liked it, as he actually made a purchase! He bought an Ugly Doll address book (which he actually uses!). In regards to myself, I don't know what came over me, but I didn't buy anything! I really liked the small keyring versions, but as I say for some reason I didn't buy anything (I think I was too focussed on getting to the New York disney store - which was amazing). All this time I have regretted not buying one of those little monsters, but didn't even think to look them up, why I really don't know! Then last weekend, Dave and I had a day out up the lakes, and randomly in the Tourist Information centre in Ambleside, was some Keyring Ugly Dolls!! Dave knew about my regrets and very kindly bought me one! So I am now the proud owner of Babo's Bird! I love him, he's so cute in an ugly kinda way! Finally owning the little guy, made me decide to find out more about the Ugly Dolls, and this finally lead me to their official website - www.uglydolls.com It's a nicely designed site, and you can join the community, and get the latest updates from the UglyDoll creators David Horvath and Sun-Min Kim. Also is the online shop, which is full of really, really cool things, hence my wish of cheaper shipping! They have such unusual items, like cookie jars (I love this one of Babo eating his cookie), Mugs, and I really like the retro advertisement/vehicle pen pots! You can even get very swish I-Pad covers, if your lucky to have an I-Pad.
There is a whole world of Uglies out there, go and explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment