Wednesday 16 February 2011

My cute Namesake!!






2 weeks ago, my Mum bought me a cute little shopping bag featuring a little black bulldog and the name Rebecca Bonbon, from a local shop called Home Bargains. It stocks everything from food, to toys, to books, and it constantly gets new stock, and I have been very lucky in the past getting Hello Kitty items, plus other kawaii things, all at really good prices. My Mum's main motivation for buying the bag for me, was A)The cute dog, B)The fact it had Rebecca on it! I absoloutely love it, and it's amazing how handy a small shopping bag can actually be.
Then on Saturday I popped into Home Bargains for some cereal, and they must have had a delivery, because they had a load of Rebecca Bonbon stationery! The prices ranged from 49p - 99p, so I couldn't really resist and bought quite a few items! (Well at work, it'll scream out it belongs to me!) So I treated myself to the Ringbinder, pink notebook, muti-colour pen (which is also a mechanical pencil), a small gel pen (very handy), pencil with a dangly Rebecca Bonbon, than lastly a small notebook, which isn't actually a notebook, when you open it you find it's full of sticky notes! Which for me, is very handy indeed! After I wobbled home, with my bagful of purchases, I decided to look up this cute little character and find out more about her.
I found the official site www.usarebeccabonbon.com, which has the character bio -
The character Rebecca Bonbon is a super cute French bulldog who was born in Paris and adopted by a young American. Rebecca has impeccable fashion sensibilities and a knack for the finer things in life: travel, shopping, and sweet bonbons. She now lives with her American friend in a fabulous apartment overlooking Central Park.
The site also gives info on Rebecca's creator, who is none other than Yuko Shimizu! Here is her bio -
Yuko Shimizu began her career in 1969 at Sanrio Co., Ltd. after graduating from Musashino Art University. While at Sanrio, Ms. Shimizu created the beloved character Hello Kitty, who is celebrating its 36th anniversary in 2010. As an independent designer, Ms Shimizu oversaw the creation of several publications for Hello Kitty including: "Kitty's Errands," "Kitty's ABC Book," and "Kitty of Candy Land" published by Sanrio.In 2005, Ms Shimizu created the adorable fashion property Rebecca Bonbon for Crown Creative Co., Ltd.
No wonder she's so cute, coming from such design heritage!
Just from a quick look, there's alot of cute merchandise out there, unfortunately mostly in America. I love this top, it would be fun to walk round in an "I heart Rebecca" top. Plus this hat is awesome! I have a penchant for animal hats at the moment, and this one would definately look good in my collection!
Guess i'll have to keep going into Home Bargains!

No comments:

Post a Comment