Friday 6 August 2010

Radio what's new? Radio, someone still loves you!




Well I just had to post again to say how this afternoon went. Basically really well, when I arrived I was taken straight into Studio 1. Because Steven was busy in Carlisle, the lady who showed me in began to record my blog. Steven had emailed through the parts he wanted me to read so it would stay within the time slot. I had to sit at a desk, with a rather large microphone in front of me, then when given the nod, I was able to start reading. Unfortunately my age old problem of speaking too fast kicked in! It was like being at Primary school again, doing assembly and having Mrs Thomas or Mrs Elliot begging me to slow down, lol! I never have needed punctuation! Anyway I eventually (after a few takes) managed to bring my speaking down to a better pace, and it was all recorded. It didn't take long at all, and to top of my visit, Steven had arranged for me to be given some Radio Cumbria mugs! Much better souveneir than a pen! So kind! One is in pride of place on my desk in my study, and the other I had a cup of tea in as soon as I got in!
Had fun really, it was brief, but a new experience, and I've never been in a radio studio before. Just need to find out now, when it will be aired!

No comments:

Post a Comment